"Routine"
I was thinking of writing a post about my Weekend, and then it dawned on me. I live for the Weekends.
Everything fun I do is done over the Weekend, basically, my weekdays consist of waking up, coming to work, going back home, a bit of TV, then sleeping and waking up to do it all over again the following day.
There are slight variations every now and then, a movie on tuesday, a drink or two on a thursday, but mostly its home, office, home.
I get through the Week just so the weekend gets here. Then I will have a bit of excitement, and come to work on monday inspired to do a post about what I have been up to..
Routine.
Definition: a sequence of actions regularly followed.
Well, it sucks.
Sometimes last year, I was unbelievably bored. I was so bored I thought I needed a complete change in my life, work, place to live, wardrobe, everything. I was told by people who got sick of listening to me complain that maybe I am restless because I have"commitment issues"!! I can't commit to one job for more than a year before I start feeling like I need to scream! I can't commit to living at the same place for more than a year before I start feeling like I could use a change...I grow restless easily. And I do not think its necessarily a bad thing. It makes me exciting, often looking for ways to make life more fun.
(Well just so we are clear, I do not get bored with people as easily!!! That would be disastrous!!)
Routine creates monotony. Lack of change. A fixed set of things done on a daily basis.
My sister thinks I have a void that needs to be filled with Jesus, hence my restlessness.
I think it's more than just that. I love Jesus. And even if I had a lifestyle like hers (so so very religious) I would still get bored easily if it involved doing the same things on a daily basis.
So what would excite me?
Travelling...going someplace I have never been. Waking up on Monday and not necessarily going to work...maybe start driving towards the office and then realising that I am not in the mood, check my self in a hotel and work from there for two days. Coming to work on Wednesday, and thursday, and working form home of friday.
Calling my driver and informing him that we are taking a road trip to ...well, Nairobi maybe? Spend a night in Tanga, spend another night in Arusha, blog about the food I have eaten there, the hotel I slept in, how relaxing the road was...get to Nairobi, check in a hotel, have a city tour the following day, chill the next day and catch a flight back, instructing my driver to meet me back in Dar...
Plan a trip to Dubai in December for four days. Do a little shopping there, sightseeing, well not necessarily Dubai, maybe Mauritius?
But how realistic are these fantasies really? I would need to have a job that allows me to be so flexible. I would have to be rich. I would have to own a business, a successful business at that. While all this is possible, and will happen in a few years, there should be something that I can do in the mean time...
Maybe avoid the home work home routine, try using a different route to the Office, even if it means taking longer to get there, travel...even if it's just Morogoro, or Tanga, even just for a day, do something different when you get home...bake maybe? try a new recipe, just be different...keep it exciting!!! Keep life exciting...We do have only this one life afterall.
Comments
Post a Comment