For The Love Of Music

Ever had one of those days when all you wanted to do was to chill and listen to music?
Well I'm having one of those now. One song in particular actually.

Its an easy friday at the Office, not much to do. I'm travelling to Arusha tomorrow for about a Week or so (family related issues). I wish I were going under different circumstances lol! But oh well...its a chance to get away from all that is Dar Es Salaam for a bit.

Back to music...I get side tracked a little too easily !

I grew up in a big family, I'm the last born. My brothers and sisters love music. Or used to at least. So I grew up listening to everything they listened to. By the time I was a teenager, Music was the love of my life. Well that and one handsome boy (as he then was lol!), not a boy and not so handsome anymore LOL! To date, Music has remained to be the love of my life. Always will be.

There are songs that make me happy, there are others that I listen to from a place in my heart I didn't know exists...they touched me in the strangest ways possible...

Today I can't stop listening to this song below. Its beautiful and sad I think, though it makes me feel...well, I can't really describe the feeling.


This lady has an amazing voice. It's different. And the words in the song are quite something. I love how she chose to say what she wanted to say. Not your typical my heart is breaking I can't live without you stuff!! This is just amazing!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Owning Dreams..

Death, Loss and grief...and new beginnings

Time to get back to writing...