Bucket List

Well I hope everyone had a great Week end. I know I did.
I thought I was over the late night scene but as it turns out, I am not...not so old and boring after all (happy dance!!) Maybe I still love the scene, under certain circumstances!

The Plan was to see the sunrise on Sunday Morning, but I gave up by 5:15 am and just had to find my bed. It was a crazy weekend, just what I needed. Haven't had one of those in a really long while.
Tried to sleep early on Sunday night so that my Monday wouldn't be too unbearable, but I still got to the office late, found my boss here already  which I honestly did not expect! I am still tired, my hair tells my whole weekend story (covers face) 

Last Weekend I took that Island trip with friends and it was fun, this Weekend I went out on friday and saturday nights, also fun, the Weekend before that I spent Saturday indoors, and went to the beach on Sunday. Bottom line is, it feels like there's not much else to do in terms of fun. I could use a nice laid back weekend spent indoors, but come Monday I will probably start feeling restless. What I think I need is to travel. Take a road trip to Southern Tanzania, and spend the Weekend there, see new places, eat different kinds of food...I just need a good driver and I'm good to go!

I have spoken to a good friend of mine about taking this trip with me but the response wasn't too enthusiastic, maybe I will just go alone? Will see...

Thoughts of taking a road trip got me thinking about places that I would really like to visit before I die. So here's my bucket list. And I hope that by the time I'm gone from this world I will have crossed at least 25 % of these off of the list! Well here we go!

1. Paris
Being the silly romantic I am, I just have to visit Paris one day. The Eiffel Tower, the Lover's Bridge, Breakfast at one of the pretty little cafes' **sigh..
I'm smiling just imagining myself there..

I have been reading about Paris on  this site, and honestly, this place is amazing. I also read about the love bridge and got the pictures from Paris Cherie and I think its sweet! Lovers lock padlocks on the fence of the bridge, as can be seen in the pictures, and throw away the keys into the Siene river as a sign of eternal devotion to one another. The Padlocks are called "cadenas d'amuor" I do not believe that locking a padlock at the bridge and throwing the key away actually guarantees that the couple will last forever, but oh well...wouldn't hurt to do just that would it? Sigh **


2. Venice

Now this City. What would I not give for an opportunity to visit! The City built on water...! I first heard of Venice from my mum, she was fascinated by/with the story of the Merchant of Venice and she would tell it to us every once in a while. I think we even saw a movie once, she borrowed it somewhere and we watched it at home. I don't remember much from the Movie but I later on saw pictures of Venice and thought what a weirdly beautiful City, what an experience it must be to take a stroll along those streets! 





The funny thing is for me, Venice is not about the old churches, St. Peter's Basilica, or St. Peter's Square, or anything else! I just want to see the City built on water! Going to town by boat, doing errands by boat, visiting a neighbour by boat! Lol! That's Venice for me.

3. The Serengeti National Park
I am ashamed of myself. As I should be. How I can have such beauty in my own Country and yet not have managed to visit the same to date is just pure insanity. I vow today to make sure that I visit the Serengeti before the year ends. Alone or not alone...I am going to visit this Place. I came across this website, love the picture! Such amazing breath taking beauty.


I will update the list tomorrow. I think I have to stop here for now. Enough procrastination, time to get back to doing what puts food on my table!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Owning Dreams..

Death, Loss and grief...and new beginnings

Time to get back to writing...