Friday Wisdom

The question that prompted me to write this post is "how sufficient are we alone?

How many of us can survive alone? in the absence of friends, or family, how many of us actually have lives, and can manage to survive without depending on friends or family for company? 

It's important to have hobbies. Things that we love. To have the ability to have a good time in ones' own company. Doing things that we love doing, things that make us happy even in the absence of company.

I'm thinking of my friends, and the lives we live. I have had periods when i'm going through a break up or a very rough patch with my boyfriend, or something else, and I would withdraw into my own little world. Some friends do not understand this. 

I also have periods when I would find my life so intertwined with my friends'. I'd spend so much time in my friends' company, sleep over at their places or them at mine, for a whole weekend sometimes, and during such times it feels like I loose bits of me...and I usually have to find some alone time to make up for it.

Now, can you think of yourself and say you, as a person, have interests that do not necessarily involve/depend on other people?

I think this is very important. there has to be a limit to how much you depend on friends or family. you should be able to be okay, or even happy, alone.

I have had weeks where I have spent a lot of time alone. I would get home from work, fix myself a simple dinner and watch "friends", "modern family", or "hot in cleveland" and laugh and laugh, alone! Sometimes I worry my neighbours probably think I'm nuts!

Other days I would be completely silent and just immerse myself in a book and totally forget that I have a TV.

When I feel like getting out of the house, I would find a nice quiet hotel by the beach, take my book, treat myself with a nice lunch or dinner while gazing at the ocean,I would enjoy my beer and the peace for the whole day till it's time to head back home. 

This is life. This is it. What else is out there? We have this one life, and it's ours, alone. Without the ability to do the things we love, without the ability to be okay alone, without the ability to stop constantly needing people, we rob ourselves of freedom. We become slaves. If you need friends around to go out and have a great day by the beach, what happens when these friends are unavailable? Does that mean you will be stuck at home, bored and probably sad?! Or perhaps you will be forced to spend your time in the company of people you do not even like?!

I love going to the theatre to see movies alone. Its peaceful and fun sometimes just what one might be in need of. One thing I have never done is to treat myself to a nice dinner alone. I would like to try. Find a nice restaurant, and go there for dinner on my own...maybe I will do that some day soon.

I'm not a loner, despite how what I've written so far might sound. I have a boyfriend whom I love dearly, and I do spend a lot of time with him. And I have friends too, I do get to spend time with them every now and then. 

The important thing here is having the ability to have your own life, separate from those you love. In the event that they are not available, you need to be able to keep living...that's all I'm saying here.

Well while we are on the subject of doing the things we love, I have decided to start collecting wine. I love drinking wine...I would like to have at lease 30 bottles in my collection someday. Maybe buy three to four bottles a week...i'm already excited!! If I do not post any pictures of my collection it will be because I drank them all (Covers face)!! But  I wont, I promise...**smile***

I know where I would like to be in life. I know exactly what I wish I had. But we have to make do with what we have right? I think I am happy, happy with my life generally. Happy with everything that's happening to me now. I pray for the things I need. I ask God to answer my prayers in his perfect timing. The one thing that I am not happy about is my relationship with God. If I am able to change this, if I manage to get closer to him, I will be so so very happy.

Maybe that's another thing I should work on over the Weekend right?!




Well my day is over, time to face the weekend. I pray its a nice one. I could really use an easy carefree, drama free weekend for a change LOL
Have a good one 
XOXO




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Owning Dreams..

Death, Loss and grief...and new beginnings

Time to get back to writing...