A few of my favourite recipes
Good morning!
Its friday, finally! This hasn't been a long week though, with Sabasaba on Tuesday, Wednesday pretty much felt like a Monday and now its friday already..
I managed to leave the officea bit early yesterday and was home by 5pm, all I wanted to do was to settle down and watch "Grey's Anatomy", I have Season 11, I am a happy girl! Haven't watched Season 10 though but oh well, I'm loving this one nonetheless...so I got home and realised the house was messy, hadn't really cleaned over the Weekend. My cleaning lady did not show up last Sunday, so I ended up moping, dusting, washing dishes...was done by 6:30 and I finally settled down with my glass of Amarula to watch Grey's Anatomy.
About an hour later I realised i'm hungry so I got up and went to the kitchen to work a little magic *wink**
I made rice, ndizi mshale (Machalari) and fish cooked in green peas, green beans and coconut sauce. It tasted like heaven!
Machalari:
Ingredients:
1. 5 ndizi mshale
2. 1/4 Kg of beef
3.1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 big tomato, garlic, and ginger
4. 1 big Irish potato
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
This is how I usually make my Machalari.
I put the meat in a pan, ground the garlic and ginger, mi it with the meat and boil for about 40 minutes.
I peel the bananas, and the Irish potato, mix it with the meat and keep boiling,
I slice the Onion,carrot and tomato, mix it with the beef, banana and potato, cover the lid of the pan, and let it simmer/boil till everything is soft and the sauce looks heavy...then I add the coconut and boil for hardly a minute.
The end product usually looks something like this:
Well I used to have such a hard time cooking machalari, but then this very very close friend of mine taught me how to. Its his favourite meal anyway so I had to learn, and I think i'm pretty good now, probably even better than him.
Fish:
Well I had fried fish in the fridge so it was a much easier process making the sauce. I only had to fry onions till tender, added green beans and green peas, added carrots, fried for a bit longer, then added the fish. I put the tomatoes in last, covered the pan with a lid and let it simmer/boil for about 6 to 7 minutes. I had already boiled the peas previously hence it was easy to just mix everything.
The final product looked like this;
And tasted even better than it looks!
I found this picture from a meal I made sometimes last week...not giving the recipe though...I have to start working, I have a meeting with a Client in about an hour or so and I haven't touched the file yet. Try not to drool too much over the food **smile***
Mashed potatoes, fried fish and veggies ... I need to make this again soon!
Do have a productive day ahead..

Comments
Post a Comment