Home Owning Dreams..

Where do I start...
Every year, when it's time to pay my rent, I start thinking about how much I would like for this to one day stop altogether.
My parents were teachers, employed by the Government, so I was born in a house that my parents ended up living in for more than twenty years. And when my father retired a few years ago, he was able to purchase the said house from the government.

Rent was never an issue.
Until I started my own life, in this beautiful and crazy City.

Having recently moved to a bigger place, my rent has gone higher. Most Landlords require payment of a year's rent upfront, and if you are lucky, six months.

I am positive rent would not be so painful if we could pay on a monthly basis. When I own a couple of houses I will let my tenants pay in this way. It is way easier to find that Tsh. 500,000/- or 800,000/- every month as opposed to the twelve months equivalent lump sum. 

Nowadays even affording buying a plot in a decent neighbourhood not completely out of town is almost impossible! The prices are just stupidly high. 
The old way of doing things was purchasing a plot of land, and building a house. Which includes fighting with the workers over stolen cement bags etc.

Things have changed these days. We have Companies that construct houses and sell them to people. Most of these Companies require a down payment upfront and payment in instalments for some years before the house becomes yours.

I came across a project called Avic Town in Kigamboni. It is pretty impressive, I wouldn't mind going there to take a look and maybe get a tour of the place, and info as to what is required before one is able to own one of the Villas or Bungalows there. The houses are simply beautiful.

The National Housing Corporation has a few on going projects of it's own. there is the Mchikichini Residential Apartment Project, pretty cool...a little too crowded for my liking though. Sad thing is, the apartments are all sold out!! I tried clicking on the link for the purchase process but I met a dead end. I'm really curious as to how much the apartments go for, and the payment procedure.

There is also the Victoria Place Project, from what I have seen on the Site, it seems there are all sorts of payment plans. The major requirement is to pay 10% of the purchase price upfront...I have filled in an Application form, will see if they contact me. I'm really curious as to how much the apartments cost.

There are a lot of people who still prefer doing things the old fashioned way. the advantage is you get to live in a house of your own design. I would like that a lot. Maybe I will find a
husband who wont mind the hassles of dealing with the workers lol! Oh well! Just a thought.

I would like something really simple, but spacious. Maybe with a small swimming pool outside, and a garden, where we grill nyama on sunday afternoons and swim...my little man and I (Yes i'm having a boy!!!!), and maybe a few friends.




A girl can dream right?! the thing is, I don't think it is impossible. Can't I decide that in two or three years time I will have such a place? I can, and I have. If I'm still alive!

Watch this space!!
XOXO


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Death, Loss and grief...and new beginnings

Time to get back to writing...