"Choices"
I have been meaning to post something for a couple of days now. But I didn't feel inspired! until today...
A few weeks ago I was having a bad day I think, and I had a conversation with someone about how if we could see the future we probably would not bother to do 90% of the things we do now, seeing as God has a somewhat mean sense of humour, and he sometimes enjoys watching us make our dumb plans only for him to come and disrupt them somewhere down the line.
This friend pointed out that maybe we just like putting the blame on God because it's just easier to do so, than to admit that it's the choices that we make that actually shape our lives. I thought about what he said and realized how correct he was. There are always exceptions of course, but that's the general rule. Our choices shape our lives, period.
Today I had a somewhat similar and rather heated discussion with another friend.
I have made some really dumb decisions in the past. Some knowingly, others, well not so knowingly.
How many of us get that "gut feeling" that something is good or bad? That feeling that you get before you do something, and you know if it's going to turn out well or not? how many of us listen to those voices?
Does that constitute a choice?That little voice you hear warning you not to trust someone, yet you push it aside and dive in head first...if things do not work out in the end, can you blame it on God's mean sense of humour? Or should that be blamed on your own stupidity and your choice to ignore the gut feeling?
Choices...
How many times have we settled for situations that we know are beneath us, only because it was convenient at that particular time? or we decided to throw caution to the wind and "go with the flow"??!!
Maybe it's time to stop making idiotic choices. Maybe it's time to acknowledge our worth and actually live by those rules. Maybe, just maybe, if we do that, we will avoid some unnecessary heart aches and dramas, and actually be happy.
If bad things are to happen, then may they happen because they were indeed meant to happen. But not because we foolishly put ourselves in impossible situations and hoped for miracles, or simply pretended not to know that the outcome is most likely going to be disastrous!!!


👏👏👏👏
ReplyDelete