Love...Relationships...hopes, expectations, disappointments, and happily ever after!
I came across an interesting uhm...I think they are called Meme's? but I'm just going to say picture, on https://www.pinterest.com/ and it really got me thinking about this relationship business.
The novels we read, the movies we watched, the series we watched as we grew up, I believe created certain beliefs that are such a huge part of us even as we found ourselves suddenly becoming adults.
This love that is perfect, that hurts from its intensity, that causes butterflies in the stomach, making us unable to eat, or sleep sometimes! Is it real? Or is it a figment of our imagination? Something we have created and keep expecting to receive...is it real?
Does this kind of love last? Is this what is needed to make a good marriage?
Is this perhaps the reason many of us have a number of failed relationships? Have we created this feeling that no sane human being can satisfy, hence we end up finding whatever relationship we get into lacking?
How is it supposed to be? What should it be based on? Friendship I imagine, mutual understanding, willingness to compromise, putting the other person first, accepting their shortfalls as a part of the other person and loving them despite all of it...
I'm sure who ever is reading this knows this as well. Now if that is the case, why are there so many failed relationships, and marriages as well?
Is the happily ever after notion perhaps unrealistic? Should it be traded for "comfortable ever after maybe? lol!
The funny thing is, even comfortable ever after is hard to find these days!!
Many of us have done this thing, of letting people into parts of us that only they can hurt, literary giving them keys, and maps, with razors, if not machetes of where to cut deepest and most painfully!
And cut they did!
Time and time again we meet people that we believe might perhaps be that person, but many times that person does not feel the same way. And the few times that we are lucky enough to meet people who feel the same way towards us, for some reason, it does not last!
What are we missing here? My sister tells me the one important element that we keep omitting is God, We wake up one morning, meet a pretty girl/guy, take them out on a couple of dates and decide that they are the persons we want to date. And some even end up marrying these people. No one remembers to pray about such things anymore...and when we do remember to do so, it is usually to tell God what we expect him to do as regards to this person. We do not ask him if he thinks its worth pursuing, no...we hardly ever do! So perhaps this is what is missing.
This is why we meet people who give us butterflies in the stomach...make decisions based on the butterflies and find ourselves broken and disappointed in the long run!
God created us in such a way that we all crave companionship. Many of us would gladly chose to be on our own if we could. But at the end of the day we all need that one person meant for us!
So my darlings, my advise to you...for those who are already married...stay strong! Hold on and involve God. Communicate, its the most important thing!
And for those of us who are not, well, involve God too, let go of unrealistic expectations! Stop waiting to feel butterflies LOL! Find someone who is a friend, someone with whom you can be yourself around, someone you can lough with, fight with, talk to about each and everything...someone you can pray with, someone who gets you. Pray together, involve God from the very beginning and maybe, just maybe, you will find your "happy/comfortable ever after"
I do sound like I have it all figured out don't I?! Well I don't.
Here are some of my fav Meme's
That's all for now.
I am however stuck at the Office due to the crazy Dar traffic, it has been raining all day, So who knows, I just might be inspired to post again!!




Involving God from the get go is the way to go... Thankyou Ma xxx
ReplyDelete