Holiday Destinations

So as I mentioned in my previous post, I wont be going home for Christmas this year.
That leaves me with three whole weeks of freedom...

I am planning on travelling. I just haven't decided yet where I want to go.

At first I thought maybe Zanzibar, but I'm just not feeling Zanzibar for some reason. I would like to go to a place I have never been before.

I'm thinking cold weather, mountains, lots of green...



Yap, that is what I have in mind. The Place in is Morogoro, Udzungwa falls to be precise. I have read that its a couple of a hundred KM from Mikumi National Park, about five hours from Dar Es Salaam. There is one lodge that stood out, Udzungwa Falls Lodge, it looks like a lovely place to visit.

It is pretty awesome isn't it? So this particular destination has won my heart. I imagine reading a book, wearing a cozy sweater drinking a warm cup of tea while looking at that view...maybe going hiking to where the waterfalls are, swimming there (assuming it's not too cold), surrounded by close friends, who are my family actually...or even if I end up going alone, I truly think it will be juust what I need.

So that's number one.
I'm also thinking of Mombasa...well my friend Victoria suggested it and I think its not a bad idea at all. The only issue I have with Mombasa is i'm almost sure the weather is similar to Dar's and wont it feel like I just checked into a hotel right here? I really would like a total change of scenery...but who knows, Mombasa could be fun. I have looked at a few hotels and I didn't hate them at all..


The hotel is called "Severin Sea Lodge", the prices are somewhat reasonable, and if my friends do manage to come along, we will split the cost and wont even feel the pinch.

That's the outside of the Hotel, its not bad at all is it?
The bedrooms aren't half bad either. It is definitely something to think about.

We had previously thought of going to Ngorongoro my friends and I, but i'm just not feeling the Northern zone either...I wonder why! I just want to create new memories, someplace new, and not revisit the past by being in some place filled with old memories...I don't know if that makes any sense. Below is a picture of Marangu falls however...it's so pretty. Who knows, maybe I will change my mind...


Then there's the Southern zone. Yes I have been there before, back in 2012. But the drive should be fun...plus I wouldn't mind seeing the place again through new eyes. I have been reserving Kilwa for baby daddy, he once said that Kilwa was our thing and I'm not to go there with anyone but him, but it's been a year since that promise was made and from the look of things, that is never happening. Plus I doubt if he even remembers lol! If you are reading this dear baby daddy, sorry. But i'm sure you don't mind **wink
So who best to go with than these darling friends of mine!!

Nairobi...I have never been, but it's just another busy City...I truly have had enough of that. I want to hear the sound of birds, the sound of water, look at trees and mountains and swim in the clear water...sigh.

Well I believe come next week, my mind will be made up. If not, I have a mind to just get into the car and start driving...will figure out the destination along the way LOL

Let me know your thoughts please...yes you!!
XOXO

Comments

  1. Yeeees mee....
    Am totally in. New place, new dreams, new memories, new us and better....nunu
    Or you can just drive and find yourself in Arusa.
    Calling you....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Not Nunu though, lets call her Bree please...
      Udzungwa is just perfect I think, maybe we should put it to a vote...after I see what Nana has to say. But whatever the case, it should be fun.

      Delete
  2. The company is obviously great so yeah I'm totally in!! All the places here look dreeeamy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home Owning Dreams..

Death, Loss and grief...and new beginnings

Time to get back to writing...