Long long Weekend!
Long long Weekend!
Well maybe not too long! Tomorrow is Mayday...we call it May mosi here. So no work for everyone. And then there's Saturday and Sunday coming...that's three whole days off for me.
I am super excited, mostly because I get to sleep in. We have already established that waking up early is not my most favorite thing in the world! I have been trying to come up with ways to make the most of the Weekend. Thought of travelling to visit my parents in Dodoma...it has been a while. But that wont be possible, at least not on this particular weekend.
So basically the plan is to watch a lot of TV, Cook and eat a lot, go see a movie or two and get ready for work on Monday.
One thing that makes me love Dar is that one can never run out of places to go to. There are Weekends when either my friends are unavailable, or I just feel like spending some time alone, and I would stay at home for a while and when that gets old, head out to one of the many beautiful hotels by the beach and just spend the whole day there...
My favorite place is Bahari Beach hotel, Ledger Plaza. Its simply beautiful. And its one of those places where a lady can actually sit alone, enjoy a drink, and the view without necessarily attracting any unwanted attention!!
Here are some pictures from the last time I went there..
I met this pretty little girl there who really liked me...and believe me that is rare! Hate to admit this but there is usually no love lost between kids and I! Perhaps that's changing now!!
On Saturday I am planning to have friends over for lunch...which means a lot of cooking, a lot of eating and laughing. I have not yet decided what will be on the menu but it shouldn't be too hard to figure that out! I love cooking...and I did not know that I do until a year or two ago! When you live alone and yet you find yourself going through the trouble of cooking proper meals, that's how you know cooking is something you actually enjoy. (and eating too!!)
This new discovery has however come with a price! Weight gain! I have tried exercising after work, but that only lasted for about a week! Been thinking of joining a Gym but I have been putting it off for quite a while now...something tells me I wont be able to last for too long and well, its wastage of money! So I have to come up with a plan that works...and this is probably eating healthy. It's a challenge of course. I love my "kitimoto", and beer, have tried to cut down the intake considerably but I fall into temptation every now and then! Sigh** Now since this Weekend I plan to eat a lot, maybe the guilt will push me to exercise at least for two hours! I know it does not sound like much but believe me, its not easy! I have friends who wake up at 5 am and hit the Gym before going to work, I admire them, I wish I had the drive to do that!! But I am trying right?!
That being said, I do hope you enjoy your Weekend! Time to start doing what I'm paid to do now!


Bbq party? And yes to the eating healthy plus jogging maybe?
ReplyDeleteLove your posts lady....keep 'em coming!
xo